Saturday, May 24, 2008

Kit and Kaboodle Part 1


So there is this great place called Crochetville where crochet addicts like me get together and talk crochet, trade tips and ideas and join swaps. My most recent swap is the Whole Kit and Kaboodle and all I can say is wow. My partner for this swap is Cat (Catlizg on the ville) nad she is sending my kit and kaboodle in three stages. this is about stage 1.

First the note tells me that this is the first of three boxes and that I am to use the items in this box to relax and get ready for the rest of the boxes. Ok now i keep digging on top is a package of rawhide toys for my dogs..that should keep them busy while i relax. now teas from Gloria Jean in yummy flavors and some Arizona Iced tea tubs green tea and caffiene free green tea. some chocolate bars, facial masks a very pretty brightly colored terra Cotta pot with a tiny bottle of perfume in it a nicely colored crocheted bookmark, a pretty black and white journal and the best gift anyone could give me...a Jimbo Chophook. Jimbo is a very talented woodworker who handmakes wooden crochet hooks and the one i got is one he carved out of a wooden chopstick that he gives for a donation to help Axe Ataxia . And Cat sent me one. I am so thrilled and honored that she did this for me. so the picture is my very own chophook laying on the pretty fabric that it was rolled up in. I have already used it to make a rectangle for the 6x9 rectangle charity for wounded soldiers and omg it is lovely to work with. Thanks again Cat.

No comments: